Monday, September 26, 2011

Newsletter Vol. 1, Issue 12

The summer season is winding down!  I hear that there are places in this blessed country where folks are, this very minute, ushering in fall weather with sweaters...and coats!  What must that be like?  

Regardless, our Saturday morning was a beautiful, cool one.  We enjoyed the gorgeous weather, and the colorful display that only an Arizona September can produce.

The green.

The red, orange, and yellow.

The delicious hues of frosted cupcakes and freshly-baked breads.

Even the fresh farm eggs were colorful!

Meet me at the Market
One of the most wonderful things about our Farmers' Market is the people.  I love to watch folks walk into the park, and greet each other by name.  Young and old, we're all friends here, and I love it.  I moved to Globe from Las Vegas, and found what life had previously lacked.  Community.  Neighbors.  We live in the same place, and that makes us friends.  It's the way it should be.





Join us for our Last Farmers' Market!
This Saturday will be our final market of the season.  We have all enjoyed a successful summer, and would love for everyone to join us for one last amazing market day.  To celebrate, we'll have a free raffle drawing for an amazing basket of prizes donated by our vendors!  Just show up before 9am, put your name in, and you could win some fresh produce, baked goods, and more!  I hope you can make it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful issue. I love the emphasis on colors and people. You are totally right--what makes this so special is the community. That is what I miss about Globe/Miami. I'll see you all Saturday to celebrate the last market day!!!!

local farmers market said...

Nice and useful blog.I am very impressed from your blog.I will share your blog with my friends .Thanks for sharing and keep it up.

Mehak Shaikh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pop over to this website said...

Great! We will be connecting to this enormous post on our site. Continue the good writing.